Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Few Nuggets.

I gathered these up from our facebook statuses since that's where I record many of the cute things the girls say/do on a daily basis. My mom is always saying "I hope you are writing these things down somewhere other than your facebook status". So here I am, dutifully recording them elsewhere:

We just left the mall, where Eliza begged every two minutes to ride the "alligator". It took us awhile to realize she meant "elevator".

I was told by Eliza that I’m "like a princess" today. I think that's about as high a compliment as you can get from a two-year-old girl.

Eliza loves all the princesses, Cinderella, Cinder-White, Cinderbelle, and Cinderaura.

Ingrid is skilled at walking into a room and immediately identifying which object will freak out her Mom the most when tampered with.

Theia: (flexing her arms) "Look how big my whistles are!"

We try not to laugh whenever Eliza sternly tells Theia to "Go lie down in your bed!" after one of us scolds her, but its really hard.

We never tire of hearing Theia and Eliza sing Jesus Loves Me; can't wait till Ingrid joins in.

We had fun shopping in spite of the fact that the outing ended with our daughter christening the floor of the Gymboree outlet store. (Yes, we cleaned it up.)

Theia is telling us a very scary story about an animal called "Chick-fil-a" who was "broke" by an alligator and bitten by a wide variety of other animals.

I was surprised to find a spool of thread in my hand after convincing the 1 year old to release whatever it was that was causing her cheeks to bulge and her front to be covered with drool. (I appreciated my big brother’s comment on this update: “Its nice to know you can still be surprised.”)

I was making pancakes this morning when my 3 year old came out and instructed, "Mama, put a big lot of syrup on mine. I'll come back and check on you in a few minutes." What does one say to that?

I give Eliza a fork so she can spear her food and then pluck it off with her fingers and eat it.

Theia asked Jessie earlier, "Daddy, did you ever see Mommy's wedding dress? Its SO beautiful."

We wonder when Eliza is going to stop calling both of us "Moddy".

We just had breakfast at Hardees in Jellico, Tennessee, where small packs of roving senior citizens terrorize families with small children.

We were just interrupted doing tae bo exercises that involved slow hip movement, by Eliza standing in our doorway (at 11 pm). We didn't notice for a few minutes and when we saw her she looked like she wasn't sure if she should laugh or run back to bed and pretend she didn't see. After we busted up laughing she decided to laugh with us.

Theia comes into the bathroom and says in a very patronizing voice "Mama, are you okay there in the shower?.....Okay, I was just checking on you."

We don't know how many times we've said "Eliza, that's Uncle Josh, not Robin, not Grandma" in the last 24 hours.

Dry cheerios were meant to be eaten one at a time, pinched between the thumb and forefinger, right? Then why do Eliza and Ingrid both eat them by the fistful, ensuring that only 3 out of 7 will make it into their mouths? (until later that is, when they eat the ones I missed with the broom off the floor).

Our children must not watch enough TV. Theia just handed an Elmo doll to Jessie and said "Here, Daddy, hold my little red baby for me".

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Loved this post! Kids are so funny, sometimes. The good part, is that their sense of humor is what I remember most at the end of the day.

Rachel said...

I liked the one about "put a big lot of syrup on mine ... I'll come back and check on you in a few minutes." I hope you are making some pancakes with a big lot of syrup when we come.