Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Would You Believe It?

Would you believe it if I told you that both my sister-in-law and my cousin gave birth this past Saturday? And would you further believe that both gave birth to baby girls? And would you further, further believe that both chose the same name for their baby girl?
You don't believe me? Well you should, because its true. Astounding, isn't it? Well, not so astounding when you consider the fact that my cousin Bree married my husband's brother Josh a couple years back.
With no further ado allow me to present my brand, spankin' new niece/second cousin,
Taylor Patton
Born March 14,2009
7lbs, 18in
Is she sweet or what? I was tickled that they chose the middle name Patton for her. We had that name picked out for Eliza if she had been a boy because it is my Mom's maiden name (and of course, Bree's mom's maiden name as well) and my grandparents had four girls - consequently no one to carry on the family name. Little Taylor will do it proud, I'm sure.

Taylor joins her big sisters Kadyn and Sydney. Yes, they have three girls as well. And Kadyn and Sydney's birthdays are just days apart from Theia's and Eliza's. We live very parallel lives in some respects.

3 comments:

amanda said...

awww. how fun!! my cousin and shaun's cousin have a baby together and it's fun to be related on 'both sides'.

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! She is adorable! You had me going there with the cousin/sister in law story ha ha :) I hope you get to see them often, especially since you both have girls the same age. How fun!

Lani said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations to your whole family!