Monday, December 13, 2010

40 weeks

Yesterday afternoon I was sitting on the couch at my parent's house when I was startled by the alarm on my phone ringing loudly. I looked down at the screen to see this message: "My Due Date". I had entered a countdown calendar event in my phone several months ago so I could check on any given day to see how many days exactly were left in my pregnancy. Then I promptly forgot about it. I glanced over at Emeth and felt grateful to be carrying a six day old baby in my arms instead of a full-term baby in my belly! The view from here is much nicer after all:

I had wondered to myself four weeks ago, in my 36 weeks post, if I would make it to 40 weeks this time. I felt pretty confident at the time that I would, since I've always been a dependable due date gal in the past. The most important thing, of course, was to make it to 38 weeks plus 6 days, so as to avoid a complete overhaul of our birth plan. Mission accomplished :).
In other news, I feel like I have hit an important milestone in my journey as a boy-momma today. Yes, I was pee'd on in the middle of a diaper change. I have officially arrived.

4 comments:

Leah said...

He is very cute!!

Bert Ernie said...

Great picture, Holly! You look so good holding your new son.

Lauren said...

I have been wanting to comment since his birth announcement but, of course, have not been given the chance! :)

Congratulations! Emeth is so precious! And I'm sure he's getting plenty love!

And now, I'm even more eager to see if we will continue to have an opposite pattern in the gender of our children! Our number 4 is due at the end of April! :)

amanda said...

adorable!! :) i got peed on in the hospital after having dustin! lol. and many times after at home too. congrats on your son!!