Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I wonder...

I was watching Sleeping Beauty with the girls while folding clothes today, and I was struck with the same question that always plagued me when I was a child: "What was the gift that Merriweather was about to bestow before Maleficent showed up and altered her plans?" I like to think that Merriweather, as the most practical and realistic of the three fairies, would have given Aurora something really useful, like common sense, or a personality. In fact, if she'd given her common sense, the last 45 minutes of the movie could have been avoided, because she would have known better than to follow an eerie greenish light up a dimly lit stairway. Sometimes its just best to stick to the original plan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL. You crack me up Holly! I love reading your blog...