Monday, June 28, 2010

ye olde facebook statuses

Theia: "Daddy, there's a very evil spider on our wall, can you come kill it? Its VERY evil."

I am teaching Theia and Eliza how to make their letters. Theia immediately filled her paper with 'A's, but when I checked Eliza's work, I found that she had only embellished the 'A' I had made. "I'm givin' it wings, so it can fly", she explained. Sometimes the age difference really shows.

"twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are. Up above the world so high, like a ......dinosaur in the sky..." Pay close attention when Eliza is singing. It’s always a rewarding experience.

We were reading the story of Jesus' birth yesterday (which is a year-round favorite in this house) and Eliza was looking intently at the picture of the Magi. She pointed to each of their gifts and proudly recited "Gold, um, fishies, and myrrh!" She's probably thinking, at least one of the gifts was age-appropriate ;).

Theia and Eliza's PB&J sandwiches are talking to each other. One is named Jess, and the other Holly, so I gather.

I am so glad that my children like fresh veggies with hummus that I don't even mind the double-dipping. Much.

Yes, we are the owners of those children who sprinted across the dance floor during the bride and groom's first dance at the wedding today. *groan* I picked a poor time to turn my back (for all of 2 seconds).

Fishstick: eng. noun. def. 1. A vehicle used to convey ketchup to the mouth 2. An upright figure used to represent human characters in child's make believe. (from the unabridged dictionary of Eliza's pre-conceived notions).

Every morning Eliza comes bounding up out of bed with the same question, "Mama, can I have breakfast for cereal!" (that's not a typo, she always switches those two words.)

It’s amazing the things we hear coming out of our own mouths at times. For instance, Jessie just said, sternly "Theia, DO NOT call her sugar again. She just told you she's Sleeping Beauty!"

Why do little girs think that going to the bathroom in public restrooms is a recreational activity?

Ingrid climbs up into my lap several times a day just to make her impish little wrinkled nose face at me and rub noses with me, then she climbs down and continues on her merry way. I love it. :)

Theia, of the mosquitos swarming around her head: "They think I'm their best friend, but I'm NOT!"

Theia: "Mom, the wrists of my feet are hurting."

I love that my husband is never daunted by any challenge. He has a "can-do" attitude that constantly amazes me. When I ogled a meal on the front of a magazine cover last week, he secretly studied the picture in detail, went out after I was asleep last night, and after church on Mother’s Day quickly whipped up an incredible lunch of grilled shrimp tacos, complete with mango/cucumber salsa, avocadoes, and green onions. Love you babe!

"Eliza, you need to go potty before you eat your supper." "But I went potty YESTERDAY!"

I flushed a bug down the toilet tonight, then spent the next ten minutes convincing a petrified Eliza that it would not come back up and get her if she sat on the toilet.

The girls are painting, T and E with water paints, Ingrid with water. Surprisingly, Ingrid doesn't seem bothered by the lack of color on her canvas.

I know no greater horror than walking into the bathroom to finish my children's baths to find that the youngest has just discovered the plunger and is trying to plunge the drain of the bathtub. That water couldn't drain out fast enough!

I appreciate that people think my children are so cute and well-behaved. I just wish they didn't always wait till I've taken a mouthful of food to tell me so.

It would be nice to have a meal in which Ingrid does NOT wipe her hands in her hair.

I was trying to quell Eliza's irrational fear of hand dryers in public restrooms; "They can't hurt you, Eliza", when Theia chimes in with "Yeah Eliza, only alligators can hurt you." I interject, "well, they aren't the ONLY things that can hurt us" to which Theia replies, "That's true. Crocodiles can too."

I guess I should be thankful that I wasn't bit by a dragon today; I just didn't think to mention it in my bedtime prayers like Eliza did tonight.

Jessie and I were sharing a little longer "goodbye" than usual when Eliza piped up from the breakfast table "Aww, are you guys gonna get married?"

Eliza: "What are you eating?" Me: "Fattoush and tabbouli." Eliza: (vehemently) "I don't want some tush and belly!"

I am having a sneak peek today at what life might look like in 12 years or so, when my daughters are all having pms at the same time. I don't know what their excuse can be today. Easter candy, perhaps?

I was going to work out, but I am having way too much fun watching my daughters do tae bo in princess dresses.

"We just paid the toad!" proclaimed Eliza, as we passed through the tollbooth before the Skyway.

"Go! Go!" yells Ingrid insistently at every red light. We now officially have three backseat drivers.

1 comment:

Bert Ernie said...

This was a very nice collection of cute sayings. I had quite a few chuckles over it. ♥