Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dull as Tombs Around Here...

Eliza checking out the slide in the backyard
Not really, but nothing to report, other than feeling pressure and having more regular braxton hicks. We all know that can go on for days, or forever (I know, not really). I just heard tonight that a friend of mine from church who was due a whole month after me just gave birth to her firstborn! I was shocked, I just talked to her yesterday and nothing was going on at that time.

Dave even has bikes for the girs to ride here!

We are planning on taking the girls blueberry picking tomorrow morning. Theia loved picking raspberries when we went to PA earlier this summer. I don't expect her to contribute much to the bucket though, she's a hand-to-mouth picker. I am really grateful that both of our girls still take naps, but at times like these I really wish they didn't. There are so many things we'd like to do with them before the baby comes, but there's only so much fun you can fit in between naps.

The lake at the end of our street - plus, a really adorable 2 year old

We went to church this morning and then had lunch with Scott and Christine (and kids). I was really quite proud of the group of us; for having six kids under the age of 6 in tow we were remarkably non-disruptive. Of course everyone near us in church were distracted anyway because our children are all so incredibly good-looking, but you can't hardly blame them for that. After the girls napped we packed them up and went to the pier for a walk. Unfortunately we didn't discover that our camera battery was dead until we were already there. Crud. So no beach pictures tonight. I'm sure we'll be back several times though, I didn't bring their "baby soups" (as Theia calls them) and sand pails for nothing.

This is just a cute video of Theia talking about my coffee while we sit on the porch. I love how she calls it "foffee".

4 comments:

Nyla said...

The video is so precious!
Have fun blueberry picking!

Penny said...

Man! I miss her already! How cute.

Bert Ernie said...

Oh, those wonderful girls! We can only hold our breath in anticipation of the next precious wonder. We love the video!

Robby said...

Okay, I am just melting here...I love the blowing of the hot foffee..
I feel so forlorn knowing you're way over there and we're way over here...sigh. Why did Patrice have to be so wonderful?