Monday, August 4, 2008

It Has Begun...

I sometimes wonder if my house would ever get anything resembling a spring cleaning if I didn't have a baby every year. Last week the nesting urge really hit me and I know that I simply have GOT to get all my windows and floors washed. Every day that passes in which my windows and floors go un-washed is excruciating at this point. So I was thrilled when my wonderful sister-in-law, who usually takes Theia to play with her girls for a few hours on Monday, offered to take Eliza as well today. I feel very accomplished when I manage to actually be caught up with dishes AND the laundry when I have both girls all day at this point, so embarking on a larger project with them home was not an option in my mind. Jessie flat out ordered me NOT to mop any floors, so I satisfied myself today with getting out my vacuum attachments and vacuuming all the molding, baseboards, trim, and windowsills (old, nasty windows they are) in the house, and vacuuming all the floors, including using a crevice attachment in all the cracks in the old hardwood floors! I'm sure the baby will really appreciate the absence of dirt between our floorboards. It was one of those amazing "Domestic Goddess" type days. When the girls came home, they'd already had lunch so they went right down for their naps and slept for hours so I was able to finish up my project AND make supper (its sad when making supper starts to seem like a bonus accomplishment). It was really good, too. And wholesome and healthy, with vegetables from my very own garden. I felt like I should be wearing a black and white-checked dress and heels, maybe with a kerchief on my head, when Jessie got home. Anyways, that's enough ego-stroking for now. Jessie is mopping the kitchen and dining room as I type this. What a guy :).

5 comments:

Nyla said...

good for you! Maybe I should have another baby so my house can get a good cleaning again! HA! What a great hubby to mop for you! When are you due again?

The Jessie James Gang said...

August 23rd. Not even 3 weeks left!

Our Growing Family said...

YAY... I can totally empathize with your cheerfulness in this! I too accomplished doing the dishes today!! I would love to get rid of my kid for a day so I could do some deep cleaning but instead... add 2 more to the hubub... yes, I have lost my mind! Congrats to all you got done!

4under3 said...

and I feel very well caught up when my kitchen floor is mopped.

Arrghh!

Shelley said...

you should check out my friend Maury's blog.... she has three stair stepped kiddos, the oldest two are 10 mths apart. http://maurydraper.blogspot.com/